What happens when you say no to fear instead of letting fear tell you to say no? As this year’s TAN RISE keynote speaker Andrew McCarthy shares – dispelling fear uncovers who you are, allows for connections, and reveals what you have to offer. It’s as true for the 80s celebrity heartthrob as it is for financial advisors today.
At RISE, Thrivent Advisor Network advisors embraced this rejection of fear to form new peer relations, elevate how they deliver client value, and embrace fresh ideas for business growth. Check out our full recap of this year’s RISE!
Giving back is what brings our TAN advisor community together to form connections. At the charitable 80s throwback evening – filled with neon-colored outfits, arcade games, and fearless A-for-effort karaoke, RISE attendees helped raise $18,240 for three non-profit organizations! Our RISE donation also helped serve 100,000 meals for healthcare workers and first responders via
- Zac Larson – Winner of donation to charity of choice, CLD (
IntentGen Financial Partners)
- Pam Petersen – Winner of donation to charity of choice (Guest of Shawn Petersen,
- Tim Jenneke – Winner of donation to charity of choice (
Crossroads Financial Group)
- Adam Julch – Winner of Barbie surfboard (
Out on Waldorf Astoria’s gorgeous botanical lawns, attendees also formed connections in a friendly golf tournament. Eight groups vied for the TAN RISE Grand Slam title, but it was the team of Corey Schmidt (
With 80% of TAN affiliated businesses in attendance, ideas and practices were diverse and abundant on how to deliver exceptional client experiences.
- Creating a culture of growth for employees
- Offering “summer hours” and individualized advancement tracks
- Openly recognizing colleagues for exhibiting team core value
When business teams feel valued where they work, they deliver stronger client experiences.
You don’t need to be a therapist to use therapeutic language.
TAN’s strategic partners offered new ideas and challenged conventional ways for financial advisors to think about business growth, discussing several growth topics:
- The role of advisors in establishing peership between family members to plan around generational wealth intimacy.
- How artificial intelligence tools like ChatGPT and others can help advisors fast-track their marketing maturity and strategy.
As attendees embraced “being in the moment” at this year’s RISE, the three days of peer connections concluded with a twilight fiesta dinner immersed in Orange County’s cultural heritage of San Juan Capistrano’s Spanish founders.
Thank you to all our RISE attendees and strategic partners for an unforgettable event! We hope it was energizing and inspirational. And for all financial advisors – to keep in mind the possibilities for new connections and affirmation of what you can truly offer when you say no to fear.